What is Small Scale?:
A Silent Auction [with 2 bidding times throughout the evening] featuring over 250 small-scale artworks donated by local and regional artists, delectable food by San Antonio’s premier restaurants, quenching libations and great music. SAY Sí’s major fundraiser of the year, 100% of the proceeds benefit the programs. All artwork sales are SALES-TAX FREE.
Friday, January 31, 2014 – Confirmed Artist Participation Deadline for Print Invite Saturday, February 22, 2014 – 10 AM to 5 PM – ARTWORK DELIVERY DATE.
Thursday, March 6, 2014, 7:30 to 9:30 PM – Youth Arts Advocacy Awards & artwork preview event [Artists admitted free + 1 guest for $10].
Friday, March 7 – Thursday, March 20, 2014 – public viewing: Mon.-Thu. 9 AM – 7 PM, Fri. & Sat. 9 AM – 5 PM
Friday, March 21, 2014, 7:30 to 10:30 PM – Small Scale Fundraiser and Silent Auction [Artists admitted free + 1 guest for $10].
Location of Event and delivery of artwork:
SAY Sí • 1518 S Alamo • SA TX 78204
ALL information, announcements and reminders to artists are sent electronically, so please make sure you provide your email address, along with your full contact information in the RSVP form HERE. If you are an artist who did not receive an email invitation to participate, please contact Nicole Amri at 210-212-8666 or via email at email@example.com.
- Artwork is accepted in any medium, we only ask that in keeping with the theme of the show that you submit work in a “small-scale” ready-to- exhibit format, work smaller then 11×17 will be appreciated.
- Work need not be made special for this event, but should best represent the artist and be of the highest quality, as it will be shown alongside other highly established artists and artwork.
- We encourage original work: If the work is digital, please consider submitting a giclee print made by using a combination of pigmented inks and archival substrates (paper/canvas). Artwork that is a reproduction [copy] will be clearly labeled on the bid sheet as such.
- 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the work will benefit the SAY Sí programs.
- SAY SI will not take any work valued under $75.00 All artwork will have a minimum opening bid of 25% of the artworks value, the artworks value is determined by the artist as stated in the label information form.
- “BUY It NOW” beginning the night of the preview, patrons may buy the artwork at 25% over the artists determined value. The artwork will stay up throughout the event, but will be marked sold by the placement of a red dot.
- All artwork will be digitized and available for online viewing.
- Each artist will receive complimentary admission to the preview event and auction. [A discounted $10 admission ticket will be available for one additional guest to both the preview and auction] any additional artist guests will need to pay full price.
- Artists will also receive acknowledgement and a listing in all promotional and print material.
- Please know: we do not sell or lend our artist list out to anyone.
- At the conclusion of the event all artists will receive the buyers information and final bid price. All artwork not receiving an opening bid will be returned.
SAY Sí Mission:
Serving San Antonio’s youth, SAY Sí is a year round, long-term, non-profit multidisciplinary arts program that provides students opportunities to develop artistic and social skills in preparation for higher educational advancement and professional careers. SAY Sí’s Tuition-Free arts educational programs include: VA, a high school visual arts program where students study drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, art history and create commission artwork; WAM, a middle school visual and media arts program taught by trained instructors and student mentors; MAS, a high school media arts program where students learn innovative communications/media technology and filmmaking; ALAS, a theatre program serving middle and high school students through a unique approach to performance as community engagement; and ABC, where trained alumni facilitate weekly art workshops for children served by community organizations and school districts.