- Grace Locke, St. Mary’s Hall “Papa Jack” American Visions Medal
- Gerry Vara, HFA Alameda School for Art + Design “Don’t You Look At Me” Gold Medal
- Madalin Beavers, SAY Sí ”Homo Sapiens Sapiens” Silver Medal
- Anna Clark, SAY Sí “Get Back In The Kitchen” Silver Medal
- Rene Lopez, East Central High School “Standing Ovation” Silver Medal
- Valerie Simmons, Design and Technology Academy “Ool” Silver Medal
- Hope-Lian Vinson, North East School of the Arts “Specimen #31″ Silver Medal
We are also happy to announce the launch of the Regional online slideshow that showcases Gold Key, Silver Key and Honorable Mention artwork! Click on the following links to view slideshows:
2013 Scholastic Submissions will open September 15, 2013.
For more information, email San Antonio Scholastic Art Awards Coordinator, Ashley Perez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAY Si is the Regional Affiliate for the San Antonio Art & Writing Awards. We work with students, teachers, schools, and nonprofit arts organizations in Bexar County to promote, organize, adjudicate, and exhibit the regional Scholastic Art Awards. We also submit the top award winning work to the Alliance for national judging.
“Since 1923, the Awards have recognized the exceptional vision of our nation’s youth, and we provide a singular opportunity for students to be noticed for their creative talents. Each year, increasing numbers of creative teens submit their work, and they become a part of our community – young artists and writers, filmmakers and photographers, poets, and sculptors, and countless educators who support and encourage the creative process.”