Fall recruitment is now closed. Spring recruitment takes place in January. The updated student application will be posted in December.
Interested in becoming a SAY Sí student? SAY Sí recruits new students two times a year during the spring and fall – in January and August.
Students are eligible to join SAY Sí at NO COST as long as they have parental/guardian permission, reliable transportation, are in middle school or high school [public, private or home school] and maintain a minimum C average in school. Students must also commit to attending the program regularly [at least 10 hours per week for high school students & Saturdays for middle school students] and long-term, complete projects in a timely manner while acting as a positive influence in the studios.
While SAY Sí accepts a diverse array of students from all areas of town, first priority is given to students from San Antonio’s inner city and from lower economic households.
To apply a student needs to:
1. Choose a program area from the following:
- MAS: Media Arts High School Program
- VA: Visual Arts High School Program
- ALAS: Theatre Arts High School Program
- HIVE: Game Design High School Program
- WAM: Multidisciplinary Middle School Program (Visual Arts, Media Arts/Game Design and Theatre Arts Program)
2. Read and complete the packet for either high school or middle school which includes: student application, student memorandum of understanding, medical release, media release and income form.
- If you are having problems viewing the application, you may need to use a different web browser or download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Please do not bring applications prior to your scheduled interview. Completed applications should be submitted during interview.
- All applicants must fill out THE ENTIRE FORM. Due to the competitive nature of recruitment, applicants with incomplete forms may be disqualified.
- The school and grade on the application should refer to prospective information correct in spring 2015.
- If you do not know your district precinct number, you can find it at the following link HERE: http://www.bexa
r.org/webapps/h tml/elstrinq0.a sp.
3. Call 210.212.8666 to set up an interview time one week before recruitment begins. Interviews will not be scheduled prior to one week before recruitment begins. Please let the person you talk to know what program you are interested in joining.
What to bring during your interview:
- Your Completed Application Packet
- Current report card
- If you are a Visual Art or Middle School Program candidate, you must bring in examples of recently completed artwork.
- If you are a Media Arts High School Program candidate, you must bring in examples of digital art or film work you have recently completed.
- If you are a Theatre Program Candidate, you are encouraged to bring examples of creative writing or past acting experience.
- If you are a HIVE High School Video Game Design Program candidate, you are encouraged to bring any examples of recently completed art, digital or otherwise, and any examples of coding work that you might have done recently. Links to Scratch projects or anything else we could pull up over the internet would work fine. Make sure that any demos you might bring on a thumb drive will run on a Mac.
Middle school students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
For further information on our application and interview process, please call 210-212-8666.
School Year – High School Media • Visual Art • ALAS HS • Game Design:
Monday-Thursday 4-7 PM, Saturdays 2-5 PM
Summer Schedule – High School Media • Visual Art • ALAS HS • Game Design:
Monday-Thursday 12-6 PM, Saturdays 2-5 PM
Yearly Schedule – WAM Middle School: Every Saturday, 9:30 AM – 2 PM