Interested in becoming a SAY Sí student? SAY Sí recruits new students two times a year during the spring and fall - in January and September.
Fall recruitment is September 8 – 20, 2014. Students and parents can begin scheduling interviews starting September 2, 2014.
The ALAS Youth Theatre Company recruitment will take place August 18-29, 2014. Visit the ALAS Recruitment Page for full details.
Students are eligible to join SAY Sí at NO COST as long as they have parental/guardian permission, reliable transportation, are in middle school or high school [public, private or home school] and maintain a minimum C average in school. Students must also commit to attending the program regularly [at least 8 hours per week for high school students & Saturdays for middle school students] and long-term, complete projects in a timely manner while acting as a positive influence in the studios.
While SAY Sí accepts a diverse array of students from all areas of town, first priority is given to students from San Antonio’s inner city and from lower economic households.
To apply a student needs to:
1. Choose a program area from the following:
- MAS: Media Arts High School Program
- VA: Visual Arts High School Program
- ALAS: Theatre Program (NOTE: The ALAS Youth Theatre Co. recruitment will take place August 18-29, 2014. Visit the ALAS Recruitment Page for full details.)
- WAM: Multidisciplinary Middle School Visual Arts & Media Arts Program
- WAM ALAS: Middle School Theatre Program
2. Read and complete the packet for either high school or middle school which includes: student application, student memorandum of understanding, medical release, media release and income form. Packets will be available at SAY Sí, or you may download, fill out and print.
- Please do not bring applications prior to your scheduled interview. Completed applications should be submitted during interview.
- All applicants must fill out THE ENTIRE FORM. Due to the competitive nature of recruitment, applicants with incomplete forms may be disqualified.
- The school and grade on the application should refer to prospective information correct in fall 2014.
- If you do not know your district precinct number, you can find it at the following link HERE: http://www.bexa
r.org/webapps/h tml/elstrinq0.a sp.
3. Call 210.212.8666 to set up an interview time one week before recruitment begins. Interviews will not be scheduled prior to one week before recruitment begins. Please let the person you talk to know what program you are interested in joining.
What to bring during your interview:
- Your Completed Application Packet
- Current report card
- If you are a Visual Art or Middle School Program candidate, you must bring in examples of recently completed artwork.
- If you are a Media Arts High School Program candidate, you must bring in examples of digital art or film work you have recently completed.
- If you are a Theatre Program Candidate, you will be requested to participate in a ALAS Theatre Arts workshop designed to introduce you to the ALAS program. ALAS instructors will then interview the applicant along with their parent/guardian to finalize enrollment.
Middle school students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
For further information on our application and interview process, please call 210-212-8666.
School Year – High School Media • Visual Art • ALAS HS:
Monday-Thursday 4-7 PM, Saturdays 2-5 PM
Summer Schedule – High School Media • Visual Art • ALAS HS:
Monday-Thursday 12-6 PM, Saturdays 2-5 PM
Yearly Schedule – Middle School: Every Saturday, 9:30 AM – 2 PM
Yearly Schedule – ALAS Program Middle School: Every Saturday, 2 – 3:30 PM