Interested in becoming a SAY Sí student? Our upcoming student recruitment dates are:
Summer Recruitment: May 13-25, 2013
Fall Recruitment: September 9-21, 2013
SAY Sí recruits new students three times a year during the Spring, Summer and Fall. Students are eligible for SAY Sí at NO COST as long as they have parental/guardian permission, reliable transportation, are in middle school or high school [public, private or home school] and maintain a minimum C average. Students must also commit to attending the program regularly [at least 8-10 hours per week for high school students] and long- term, complete projects in a timely manner while acting as a positive influence in the studios.
While SAY Sí accepts a diverse array of students from all areas of town, first priority is given to students from San Antonio’s inner city and from lower economic households.
For further information on our application and interview process, please call 210-212-8666.
To apply a student needs to:
1. Choose a program area from the following:
- MAS: Media Arts High School Program
- VA: Visual Arts High School Program
- ALAS: Theatre Program
- WAM: Middle School Program
2. Read and complete the packet for either high school or middle school which includes: student application, student code of conduct, medical release, media release, and income form. Packets are available at SAY Sí, or you may download, fill out, and print. [Please make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader downloaded on your computer to print and use our forms. You can get a FREE version HERE: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/]
- All applicants must fill out the entire form.
- The school and grade on the application should refer to prospective information correct in Fall 2013.
- If you do not know your district precinct number, you can find it at the following link HERE: http://www.bexa
r.org/webapps/h. tml/elstrinq0.a sp
3. Call 210.212.8666 to set up an interview time. We will begin scheduling appointments on Monday, April 29, 2013. Please let the person you talk to know what program you are interested in joining.
What to bring with you:
- Your Completed Application Packet
- Current report card
If you are a Visual Art or Middle School Program candidate, you must bring in examples of recently completed artwork.
If you are a Media Arts High School Program candidate, you must bring in examples of digital art or film work you have recently completed.
If you are a Theatre Program Candidate, you will be requested to participate in a ALAS Theatre Arts class designed to introduce you to the ALAS program. ALAS instructors will then interview the applicant along with their parent/guardian to finalize enrollment.
Middle school students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
School Year – High School Media • Visual Art • ALAS HS:
Monday-Thursday 4-7 PM, Saturdays 2-5 PM
Summer Schedule – High School Media • Visual Art • ALAS HS:
Monday-Thursday 12-6 PM, Saturdays 2-5 PM
Yearly Schedule – Middle School: Every Saturday, 9:30 AM – 2 PM
Year Schedule – ALAS Program Middle School: Every Saturday, 2 – 3:30 PM