SAY Si’s ALAS Youth Theatre Company is holding auditions for new members. Interested youth in grades 9-11 must have a passion for theatre arts, a desire to grow as an actor, writer, director or technical artist and must enjoy collaborating with other theatre artists to create and produce works for the stage.
Call 210.212.8666 to schedule an audition!
Audition Process | February 12 – 23, 2013:
ALAS HS Auditions/Workshops:
Tuesday, February 12, 2013: 5-7 p.m.
Thursday, February 14, 2013: 5-7 p.m.
Saturday, February 16: 3 – 5 p.m.
Applicants will participate in a 2-hour ALAS Theatre Arts class designed to introduce the student to the ALAS program and familiarize them with our unique approach to creating original work.
****Monologues or prepared materials are NOT required.
Feb 18 – 23, 2013
Monday – Friday between 5pm –7pm.
Successful applicants will receive callbacks within a week (Feb 18-23) and interviews will be scheduled. ALAS instructors will then interview the applicant along with their parent/guardian to finalize enrollment.
- Successful applicants must be able to commit to 7 hours of rehearsal/workshop sessions per week and participate in all public performances (six per year) Program Schedule: Monday 5 p.m. – 7 p.m., Wed. 5 p.m. – 7 p.m., Sat. 12 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Maintain a C average academically
- Attend high school or follow a home school education with report cards submitted regularly
- Students in 9th – 11th grade may apply
- Preference is given to students enrolled in Title I schools
Tuition is free for accepted applicants.
For more information call SAY Si Theatre Arts Director, Joel Settles at 210.212.8666 x111 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org